Friday, February 29, 2008

Frozen Grand Central

Speaking of human kinetics (baseball and all), even if you're not feeling particularly athletic, you could still pull off this bodily feat, yes?

My own body this week has been either Stop or Go. Frozen or frenetic. That song by Johnny Cash and the Carters is a good one to sing about now: Life is like a mountain railroad, with an engineer that’s brave;
We must make the run successful, from the cradle to the grave;
Watch the curves, the fills, the tunnels; never falter, never quail;
Keep your hand upon the throttle, and your eye upon the rail.

It's the weekend and I plan to do a lot of this: yoga. Have a good one.

And thanks, Julie, for the link!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting sidenote re: that video, it features Minnesota-raised actor Rich Sommer, who was seen in "The Devil Wears Prada" and is currently starring in AMC's "Mad Men" series. You can see him briefly at 0:37 and with a speaking line at about 2:10.

There's some useless trivia for you this Friday afternoon. Cheers!

julie said...

You're welcome: I thought it showed *amazing* feats of human endurance, too! Wish I knew the context/backstory . . . .

Sassmaster said...

That was awesome. I love how it just five minutes and then out. And people totally clapped!

Night Editor said...

Good tidbit, Darma.

If I hear any more backstory, I'll let you know, J.

Sass, I like the city worker calling in to the office and just then they all start moving. . . .