Monday, July 30, 2007

Wait one cotton-pickin' minute

I spent Saturday applying for college financial aid. Do you know it costs about $19,000 to attend the University of Minnesota and live on-campus? We didn't qualify for anything but loans, at 7.98% interest, not any better than Capital One offers. Damn Bush. Damn Pawlenty.

I just saw my first back-to-school TV ad. From Sears. I think I saw my son put his hands over both ears and yell out "nnaa nnaa nnaa nnaa I caan't hear youuuu."

The Twins traded Luis Castillo--a spunky player with a good heart--for a couple of future major-leaguers.

And Cretin football camp started today.



Why can't they just let us enjoy what's left of summer?

2 comments:

julie said...

Financial aid applications - aargh! McGill costs about the same for "international" students, but only one-tenth of that for Quebec residents. High taxes in that province . . . !

Night Editor said...

The new question posed at our house, for all four of us, ala the NYTIMES article on saving for a house: Do we need this Izzy's ice cream, or does M. go to college? Do we need to rent Notes on a Scandal via pay-per-view, or does M. go to college?