Thursday, April 12, 2007

Footloose

It is time to cut loose, yes?

A week of duties, or losses, bad colds, or sons who won't hug you anymore. A week of unwelcome snow, tax burdens, New York's baseball bruisers, stiff upper lips. It could be the end of a celebratory week, too. Your birthday. Your new account. Those great baked goods you made for the family dinner.

Alcohol does not have to be involved, but as the following cuts show, it really does make for a hell of a good time.



This is from a Lithuanian performance piece: "Three Sisters in High Heels Drink Vodka."

The performance unfolds (and varies each night) as the Sisters drink whole bottles of Vodka.

I think it is really funny that the actors wear protective head gear.

4 comments:

juliloquy said...

Zoicks! Too bad there's no protective liver gear.

Night Editor said...

Because I can't read Lithuanian I couldn't tell if the artists drank water or vodka; I'd bet they stick with water and act it out.

cK said...

I hope it's water! If that's vodka, the show better come with a health plan....

Of course, why am I all concerned about it? I practically used to pay real money to subject myself to similar rituals--and I did it without a helmet!

(I'll remain silent on the heels.)
-cK

Night Editor said...

Two martinis is my new limit. But I remember when. . . .

Heck, I still can't navigate on heels.