Tuesday, April 10, 2007

little insecurities

In light of my events Wednesday, you might chuckle to know that:

1. While browsing at Borders, I studied the entire Glamour’s Big Book of Dos and Don’ts.

2. After flipping through the pages of Self magazine, I made a notation in my little black book for the best wrinkle-absorbing eye cream.

3. I cursed the fact that I never bought those new shoes.

4. Thanks to Stacy London, after watching “What Not to Wear” I sorted through my underwear drawer to make sure I had something decent to hold up the girls.

5. I did fifty sit-ups and ten push-ups before bed last night.

6. I googled Rob Hudson.

7. I actually practiced my smile in the mirror.

8. I washed my car, thinking that would help.

9. I practiced yoga in the dark History Center locker room over lunch, hoping that would help.



10. I had the silly thought, “If Cormac McCarthy can come out of hiding, I can do this teeny little segment, too.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I tried to post these encouraging words earlier, to no avail: you'll do fine tomorrow morning. Just keep in mind that the viewing audience is effing crazy about every book your outfit publishes. The Minnesotans surely do love what you're peddling. You'll be talking to friends.

Talk slowly, and make sure you don't have lipstick on your teeth (my #1 fashion faux pas).

We'll expect the YouTube link sometime tomorrow.

Night Editor said...

Hey, Elbee. I was in the green room with a band opening up for Lucinda Williams and with a guy who had gotten a $500,000 advance for his book on getting ahead in business. One of the band members was on the phone asking "Just wondering if you have any extra Ambien samples you could send us." The author was explaining to me how most books never sell over 1000 copies. Did he miss that I was selling poetry? It was hilarious.