Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm in the mood for . . . love





(click to make pictures bigger)
This is it. The last post on cleaning, Felix, Oscar. My husband and I have been scouring the house, hanging new window decor, trimming evergreens outside. We even made chicken enchiladas Sunday night and froze them so we could just pop them in the oven tonight for my visiting parents.

Dad just called. Mom's kind of a weather nut. Hates all weather except 65 and sunny. There are tornado watches in Pequot Lakes today. They're packed and ready to drive down the five hours but don't want to be caught in storms. They might not make it here until tomorrow.

Did I say I cut roses this morning and brought them in to brighten the bathroom shelf?

My man he's been cleaning and scrubbing and cooking and all without a complaint. The bedroom is clean. The sheets have been washed. I've got a fresh candle by the bedside. Who needs company to enjoy this scene? Honey, if you're reading this now, I'll meet you at home in like 12 minutes. Okay?

5 comments:

Sassmaster said...

Awww, where's the love? It's right here, that's where!

You're my hero. Clean sheets, candle, fresh flowers. Sigh. I've been cleaning in dribs and drabs, because if I look at EVerything I need to get done, I pass out from the sheer volume of work.

Enjoy your visitors!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Hubby got the message, but I'm on my way over right now for the enchiladas!

juliloquy said...

Nothin' like a little choreplay to get you in the mood . . . hope it was fun! :)

Night Editor said...

Choreplay! Did you make this up or am I just the first to hear it--because it's perfect!

juliloquy said...

I'd love to take credit for it, but I read it on a mom's forum. It is perfect!

Oh, and I loved the Beckett for Babies link that you sent earlier in the week.