Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Continued

Day 3: Plan your costume.


My kids have always rolled their eyes at my suggestions for Halloween costumes.

"But what IS it?" they cry when I tell them they can go like a crazy library lady or a rail-riding hobo.

"That doesn't make sense. No one will know who I am. I'm not ANYBODY," they say as they put on a big plastic clown bow-tie, some polka-dot overalls, and face me ready to paint their cheeks with bright red circles.

"Yes, you are. You're somebody. See, you're HOSS. Hoss Cartwright. Just don't forget to puff out your chest real big and clench your fists. They'll get it."

And by the way, readers, I'm so going to use this picture to bribe the boys in a few years.

2 comments:

Sassmaster said...

OMG, Hoss is my favorite Cartwright. He may not know Hoss, but your son is playing him to a T.

cK said...

From the moment the web page loaded and I saw that photo, I thought, "Blackmail."

Do it! It's a mother's right (and revenge).
-cK