Saturday, October 20, 2007

What does an editor do when she needs a break from editing? Why, she visits the shop around the corner . . .

See http://maudnewton.com/blog/?p=7997

Joel Turnipseed writes: "Two refugees from the Hungry Mind/Ruminator meltdown, Tom Bielenberg and Hans Weyandt, are the proprietors of Micawber’s (http://www.micawbers.com/). They manage to make a healthy living by running their small store like a fine wine shop. Conspicuously absent are not only the commonest airport trash, but the latest talk-radio bestsellers and even a fair number of the books you might look for after watching a tweedy guest improved out of his Birkenstocks by Stephen Colbert."

That's my plan for Sunday. How about you?

3 comments:

cK said...

Were you at Sweeney's on Saturday? The Muse and I were out walking and passed and I said, "I think that was the Night Editor sitting by the window."

Night Editor said...

I wish, but no. I was reading a manuscript about Lake Superior shipwrecks, washing underwear, and swaddling my bowl of bread dough in a wool blanket because I refused to turn on the heat.

Now that I think about this dismal scene, I'm pretty sure that was my alter self at Sweeney's, which must have lifted out of my pitiful Saturday night body, and risen itself over to a bar. . . .

Sassmaster said...

Washing underwear. Hee!