Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Heart St. Paul

You know how you've had a hard week and it is Thursday and you still have to work the night event so you stop by your favorite place, and you have a bit of the appetizers and a nice glass of wine, then you go to the event and meet and greet people and act nice and give explanations and smile at all the books being sold (all the while hoping you haven't run your sheer jet black hose) and then you finally get to go home, you've been on your feet most all day, but you liked the warmth and camaraderie of the bar and the bartender is good and nice, so you wrap up the evening with a little glass of Laphroig and have an end-of-evening chat. And all is pretty good. And then, before you know it, it's Friday.

That was my night.

Thanks, Frost.

2 comments:

cK said...

Oh my god! I was up there from 7 - 9:15 or so last night. First the Muse and I sat at the end of the bar and talked to Tommy (bartender). Then my parents showed up and we sat at a table and had coffee drinks. (The Dan's Dublin Irish coffee: Mmmmm. Made with Tyrconnell.)

A lovely evening. Cheers!
-cK

Night Editor said...

Way! Work pal and I sat at the bar, too. We talked politics for awhile with the sax player heading over to Zander. I'm sure Tommy was our bartender. The place was all aglow last night and people all around seemed happy. I love it like that.