Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bundling Up

It's minus 12 with the windchill this morning and I need a new hat. I left my favorite beret in Denver, I think. I have a great knit beanie for play but I need a new hat for work.


These are the ones I like:



I've been walking every day at lunch, going up Summit or Portland or Marshall Avenues to Dale Street and back. Today I have some knit yoga pants to wear under my jeans, but I think they'll be rather bulky. I'll feel like Rhoda Morganstern trying to make it through the Minnesota winters, big thighs and all.



In Fargo, I admired these boots worn by one of the moms, whose all-time favorite clothing site is Athleta. They're having a sale now so you should check them out. I like this Athleta Snuggle Scarf, too, which has a slit on one side so you can easily pull one end through the other. I like the brown version better. . . .


In a few weeks I'll be at the AWP Conference in NYC. I'm sure it'll be cold so while I'm out getting my new hat, I should keep in mind these cold weather fashion tips, from the Village Voice.


Otherwise, my windchill-addled side might have me going to NYC like this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! You can take a Chinatown bus round trip to Philly for $20! It's a two-hour trip. Please visit!

It's in the 40s here and people are complaining about the cold . . .

Night Editor said...

Hey! I have to staff a table at the conference full-time but maybe you could swing over? You could bunk with me if it works! But I know, you've got your hands pretty full back at home