Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sometimes he's Francis and sometimes he's Dewey and sometimes he's Malcolm

I hate Wednesdays. Are Wednesdays the new Mondays? I mean, they're so crowded, with no let-up. Tomorrow's going to be just like today. Thursdays offer no relief. I meant to work in the garden tonight. I did not. But I did get to have some hang time with the boy.

Son: Could I ask out a girl?
Mom: I don't know. What are your intentions?
Son: Well, I'm not planning to have sex or anything.
Mom: I should hope not. But, I mean, what exactly do you have in mind?
Son: With which one?











Mom: Hey, you could put down your burrito and talk to me a bit.
Son: We're at Chipotle, Mom. You don't come to Chipotle to have conversation. You come here to scarf. If I wanted to talk, I'd take you to a fine dining restaurant.
Mom: Okay. Makes sense. Pass me the City Pages.

2 comments:

Sassmaster said...

That kid is hilarious! Scarfing is important, but I also find Chipotle to be very loud. Is it necessary for the music to be turned up so high that I have to shout my order?

Night Editor said...

Plus there are all those high school boys talking with their mouths full and having carnita-filled alphabet burping contests. My kids are always so miffed when I interrupt the quick flow of the assembly line and can't decide between steak or chicken. MOM! As if anyone will really notice in that chaos!