Thursday, May 03, 2007

My traveling salesman

You know why I like that my husband is a traveling salesman? (Ahem, keep it clean, folks.) I can call him at mid-morning--because I've been locked up indoors tracing Word tracked changes AND it's so nice outside AND all I want is lunch on a patio somewhere--and chances are he'll be on a Twin Cities highway, coming to or from a sales call, and he'll have time to pop over and fetch me.

We went to The Happy Gnome, sat out on their lovely patio (had the place mostly to ourselves), and ate and drank and told stories and jokes in the sunshine.


Perfect. Thursdays are the new Fridays.

3 comments:

cK said...

Ah, the Gnome's patio is lovely. I think many people don't realize it's there. The Gnome itself is a nice little bit of treasure in the neighborhood, but something about the slim profile of the patio along the building side and the high fence makes people miss it.

But it's there and can be a blast.

I'm eagerly awaiting the opening of the Frost cabana bar, though. That's my absolute fave.

Huzzah for my block!
-cK

Sassmaster said...

I'm totally going to check out the Gnome. The patio at Gabe's lacks ambiance.

Night Editor said...

ck: Frost's cabana bar IS the best!

Sass: Check out their events page: our waiter Josh told us about their beer dinners--at least five pours paired with good food. http://www.thehappygnome.com/events.aspx

You could plan a whole weekend around patio fun: Day By Day patio for breakfast (W. 7th), J&S patio for coffee (Randolph/Snelling), The Liffey rooftop for lunch (Kellogg/W. 7th), Swede Hollow gazebo for tea (E. 7th), Frost for the remains of the day.