Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In like a lamb

Spring is here. I heard the phrase "The Big Greening-Up" this morning on The Current. My husband mowed the lawn for the first time this season. I've got plans to work in the perennial garden tonight.

But if you really want to get a fresh take on spring, check out this blog by writer Catherine Friend, "Ms. Backup Farmer" at Rising Moon Farm. It's called Farm Tales, and Friend writes this about herself: "I write, I farm, and sometimes I write about farming. I listen to Elvis, salsa, and k.d.lang. The older I get, the more content I become."

The top photograph in her latest post is enchanting. The ewes are about to give birth!

3 comments:

cK said...

That blog is awesome! Thanks for the link.

I was just at vineyards. To see the sheep wandering through, oh. It made my heart hurt.
-cK

Night Editor said...

Welcome back, ck! On one of my CA trips I visited the Sonoma vineyards. What a way to live!

Looking forward to your travel updates. . . .

Anonymous said...

ck---

Not to worry about the vineyard! We let the sheep in there ONLY when there's nothing interesting on the vines. But now that the vines have started budding out, no sheep allowed!

Catherine, the farmer with the sheep in the vineyard